I picked up Sarah on Friday night and we had a great weekend!
Yesterday we hit up the pool at the Rio for some sun. It was a little cold by Vegas standards (low-mid 70s?), but still fun. Then we spent the afternoon playing cash games. Nothing special for Sarah, but I picked up another $1,500. I even hit a straight flush (holding 23 of diamonds, ha!) to win a $100 high hand jackpot - nice!
Today was Sarah's big day as she played in the World Series of Poker Ladies event. There were just over 1,000 entries, and they were paying 117 places. Sarah played amazing, and with some help from a bit of luck early on, she built her stack from 3,000 to 14,000 at her first table. Unfortunately, her second table was stacked with some of the top female pros, and she stalled a bit. However, she made it all the way past 1am, and was 3 hands away from the conclusion of play for the night! She was forced to move all-in with AQ and was called by a pro named Maria Ho who held 22. When Sarah failed to hit an ace or queen, she was knocked out in 147th place - only 30 places away from the money :( Still, a fantastic showing in her first WSOP Ladies event - great job Sarah!
I didn't make it to the tables today, as I spent the day watching Sarah from the "rail" (and am quite exhausted from all the standing around!), so I am excited to get back at it tomorrow.
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment