Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Great Day!

Today ruled.

Sarah, me, and Sarah's friend Trenton spent the morning at the Rio pool, and despite cloudiness, we had fun hanging around and swimming.

After a quick change, we headed to Caesars for some cards. I couldn't wait to get back into a tournament, so I played a $235 "turbo" event. Turbo basically means the blinds go up pretty fast and you have to be more aggressive and have a little more luck than a traditional tournament. Well, it turns out I couldn't have been luckier.

The tourney had 68 players and was paying the top 9 places. I started off quite strong, but after putting another player all-in early on and losing, I was left with about half of my starting chips. From then on, I can honestly say I've never run hotter in my life. I think I was involved in about 10-15 pots that were all-in preflop and I won every single one. Literally. When I was ahead in hands, I held up to win. When I was behind in hands, I came back to win. Total craziness. Thankfully I had the minimal skill necessary to pick my spots and take advantage of all that luck, and I easily took down 1st place for a nice little prize of $4,000!!!

Despite being insanely lucky, I'm proud of my 2nd live tournament victory, and looking forward to my next opportunity to take down a more substantial event.

After finishing up around 9:30, we celebrated with an awesome steak dinner at the Mirage, some margaritas at Margaritaville, and some beer pong at O'Sheas. An all-around great day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah but the real question is, how'd the beer pong go?

(Nice goin' on the cards!)

Heather said...

Yay, Evan! Good luck tomorrow - I'm sending you positive WSOP vibes...