Wednesday, June 17, 2009

More Losing

I've played two WSOP events since I last blogged, and I haven't written about them yet because I was so frustrated. On Monday, I played very well but was basically crippled by a hand where I had AA, re-raised preflop and got all-in on a flop of K95. Of course my opponent was holding K9, a perfectly logical hand for him to have in this situation (sense the sarcasm). I guess I still haven't gotten past the fact that peoples' play in the "World Series" isn't exactly top-notch.

Tuesday I made a few mistakes that cost me and I was forced all-in on a coin flip, and lost... again.

I've now given back my winnings from the first couple of weeks in tournament entry fees, but I still aim to play two more WSOP events. Tomorrow and Saturday will likely be my last cracks at cashing in a World Series event, as after that there aren't really any events well-suited for me (game and buy-in), unless I somehow find a way to qualify for the main event.

Today I played golf with a friend from my Israel trip and some of his buddies who are also out here playing poker (I'm definitely jealous of a couple of guys in their house who have WSOP bracelets, but I assumed I could kick their asses on a golf course). Turns out my golf game is still pretty rough, but it was just good enough to win me some cash... poker players love to gamble! Maybe I'm playing the wrong game out here...

No comments: