Monday, June 29, 2009

1st Poker Break

Nothing new with the poker tournaments - played a deep stack last Thursday, and after a solid start, I went pretty card dead, and busted out sometime in the middle of the day.

Had a great time on the golf course on Friday and actually played quite well for a change. Followed that up with a cash game session on Friday night and profited about $300. Nothing special, but I was really pleased given the way it happened. I started off strong, won some big pots, then lost my entire stack on a really sick hand. It was already late in the night, but I was frustrated and determined to get back to even for the night. By 3am, I had accomplished my goal and then some, so I called it a night.

Saturday I picked up my friend Amanda and her friend Laura from the airport, and for the first time this month, I spent 3 full days away from the tables! The 3 of us had an awesome weekend, highlighted by pool time, drinking, clubbing at Pure in Caesars Palace, and touring the strip hotels. We actually didn't get any gambling in, and it was nice not to lose money for once. Instead, we did quite a bit of lounging around (we even struggled to get out of the condo at a reasonable hour yesterday!). Very relaxing but still very fun, I miss them already! Luckily for me, its only a few days before I'll have more visitors for a July 4 Vegas spectacular!

Here are some pics of our weekend:

Pool fun
Lovely ladies at the Wynn waterfall


The scene at Pure


Me and Amanda enjoying Pure


Giant drinks!

No comments: