I played a Caesars megastack tournament today, and it was considerably smaller than the events last year. It was a $540 buy-in and there were only 97 players. The top 9 places were paid, and 1st prize was around $14k.
I was catching cards like crazy early on, and quickly built a very large stack. At one point I had a pocket pair 4 hands in a row. Then, as expected, I went card-dead for a long time. I lost a couple of small hands that were basically coin-flips. When were down to only 2 tables, I finally got it all-in preflop with KK. Of course, one of my opponents woke up with AA and after failing to catch a king, I was out in 18th place. Another 10 hours of poker with nothing to show for it financially. However, I played much better than yesterday and actually had a lot of fun - I had some entertaining tables. Hard to be too disappointed when the prize pool was as small as it was.
One interesting note - I've played 3 days of poker and have yet to get pocket aces once. I've had pocket kings roughly 8 times, but no aces... very odd.
I am also happy because the cable guy successfully fixed the tv and internet this morning. I needed that background tv noise when I'm sitting around the condo!
My sister is coming out tomorrow, so I will probably skip tournaments for a day - not sure what I'll do. Sarah will be playing the WSOP Ladies event on Sunday, and I have total confidence that she will dominate that thing. I'm sure we'll also have some good stories to tell after a week of poker and fun!
Also, don't get used to daily blog entries. I think 3 days in a row is a record for me, and I'm sure I'll get busy/lazy soon and miss a few days, but for now, enjoy the updates!
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment