Hmm, let's see... since my last entry I played two more World Series events, and as the title suggests, they sucked. I only made it through a handful of levels on Thursday and didn't even make it to the first break today. I won't get into specific hand details, partially because I'm embarrassed at how bad I played, and partially because I know most of you don't care!
Thankfully, I am having pretty substantial success away from the WSOP. I continue to run really well in cash games - I've come out positive in 9 out of 13 sessions thus far. I've also done great in the "turbo" tournaments at Caesars. I played another one today after busting out of the WSOP event, and in a 76-player field, I made it down to the final 2, at which point we agreed to chop the pot for a prize of $3,700 each! That's now 4 turbo events with 3 cashes - 1st place, 7th place, and 1st/2nd place - a pretty impressive record. They are small fields and prizes, but at least it's something to be proud of. Combining my cash game profit with my smaller tournament cashes, I'm actually about even for the trip so far (pretty surprising given the $11,500 in WSOP entry fees I've basically thrown down the drain).
I've still got more than 3 weeks out here to play other mid-size tournaments, like deep stacks at Venetian and Caesars. I played a bunch of those last summer, but have only had time for 1 so far this year.
Sorry that most of you have been stuck with such crappy weather the last few days! I keep trying to watch the US Open but end up tuning into rain delays. I'll throw one quick plug out to anyone considering a visit - its between 90 and 100 and sunny every day here. Also, gambling is legal. Beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment