Friday, July 10, 2009

No Money

Pocket 8s is my new least favorite hand.

After starting the day with 215k in chips, I lost a bit early, got it back, and had around my starting stack when...

I raised with 88, and a guy who had gone all-in like 6 times already in the first couple of hours moved all-in for about half my stack. I was almost sure I had him beat, so I called. He showed A9 and we were racing. The flop was J75, good stuff. Turn 10. River 8. Ouch. I hit my set on the river but unfortunately it made him a straight.

A short while later, with the blinds at 2,500/5,000, I got my last 100k in the pot with 88 again but unfortunately ran into JJ and didn't catch. Busted in about 170th out of 705. I suppose its a nice result, but a long way from the cash, so it pretty much sucked.

TJ Cloutier played pretty tight and I didn't really get in any pots against him (although I did steal his blinds a couple of times - once with 35, hehe). Guess it didn't matter that he was at my table.

Back to Venetian tomorrow for another deep stack. I've probably only got 2 tournaments left and I'm still looking for that big cash. It's coming.

No comments: