Sorry for the (almost) week off from blogging, I've been busy!
Before my friends arrived I played a nice little 10-hour cash game session Thursday night and picked up about $1,500 - good stuff. Wasn't exactly expecting to blow through that profit with friends in town over the long weekend (considering I didn't play any more poker), but I guess you never know in Vegas...
On Saturday, the guys (Dave, Steve, Jay) and I went over to Moorea Beach (adult pool at Mandalay) and after some negotiation, ended up getting a Villa for the day. It was on the top floor overlooking the pool, had a semi-private deck and pool, free soft drinks, private bathroom, and flat screen tv - not bad! Also met up with Donna (MIT friend) and a couple of her friends there and had a pretty great afternoon at the pool. I picked up my friend Rachel at the airport on Saturday night, and all of us met up for dinner at Mirage and then clubbing at Pure - a crazy scene as always.
The rest of the weekend was highlighted by some more pool time, a fancy Italian dinner, and a couple of great shows - Love (Beatles Cirque Du Soleil) and The Lion King.
Also played a bunch of blackjack over the weekend, and I can't recall running into worse luck in my gambling life! I won't report my total loss, but let's just say it wasn't something I can't overcome with one good poker cash game session soon.
The guys left Monday morning and I dropped Rachel off at the airport tonight, ending of my string of visitors this summer. Although I'm excited to get back to poker, I had an awesome time with all the friends I had out here, and I will definitely miss that over the next few days.
Tomorrow I will play the Caesars Palace Mega Stack main event. It is a $1000 buy-in, 3-day tournament, and should have several hundred players. It is probably my last chance at a significant payday, so I will be extra-focused!
Sadly only 1 week left for me in Vegas. Amazing how time flies, can't believe I've been here for 5 weeks already. I've had a really great time, but hopefully I find some way to cap it off with some fresh cash in the next 7 days.
Some highlights of the holiday weekend -
Moorea Beach scene
Private villa
Outdoor patio at Pure
More from the Wynn waterfall



No comments:
Post a Comment