My dad and I had an awesome couple of days - we got in 3 rounds of golf, a little US Open watching, and a couple of nice dinners. I even got to show him around the WSOP room at the Rio, which is a pretty cool sight if you've never seen it before. Truly a wonderful Father's Day visit.
I was back at the Rio today for my 4th WSOP event, except this time I had some tournament success under my belt, and I was looking to expand on my recent winnings. Today was Event 32, No Limit Hold 'Em, $1,500 buy-in, 2158 entrants (the biggest event I've played thus far).
Unfortunately, I don't have much to report from this tournament, as it was neither exciting nor interesting. I raised a few hands, but was continually out-flopped by other players, and then I pretty much went card dead for a while. We started with only 3,000 chips, and before the blinds even got to 100/200, I found myself short-stacked. I eventually pushed all in with A9 of clubs and was called by someone with 10 10. I didn't hit anything on the flop and I was out. I don't actually know what place I finished in, but it wasn't good. I wasn't that disappointed today, as I really never got going, and I've learned to temper my expectations with WSOP events. Ironically, despite the higher buy-ins, they feel more like crap-shoots to me than other tournaments around town. Just as an example, we started today's event with 3,000 compared to the 12,500 chips we started with in the Caesar's event I cashed in (both having a very similar blind structure).
I ended up playing a cash game at the Rio for the rest of the day and actually had a pretty successful and fun session.
I have now finished all of the WSOP events for which I registered ahead of time, but I am planning to play at least one more event in the 10 days I have remaining here in Vegas.
On another positive note, the official results of the Caesar's tournament I played have been released and are posted on Cardplayer.com(http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/results/15201) and probably some other sites as well. I found it pretty cool to see my name on there. For official (and tax) purposes, one of us had to "sign" for 1st place, and because I had more chips when we made the deal, that was me. So according to Caesar's records, I was the winner of the tournament - cool!
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment