I woke up this morning and decided that no matter how I felt about poker at the moment, it is why I came to Vegas, and only being here for a month, I can't pass up opportunities to play in tournaments... good decision.
I headed over to Caesar's for their "mega stack" tournament that started at noon. I won't go into hand details because I am exhausted, but here is the important info: the tournament had a buy-in of $340 (cheap compared to the WSOP), started with 622 players, and we played today until 2am. The top 63 places were paid, and we played tonight until there were 29 players left (who will return tomorrow for the finale). We started with $12,500 in chips, and I currently have $725,000, second only to a woman who has $750,000. My chip total is about 10% of the total chips in play. I am already guaranteed a payout of $634 (not a huge profit considering the $340 buy-in), but given my chip stack, I have much higher hopes. I should be able to cruise to the final table, which will pay a minimum of $3,620 (9th place), ranging all the way up to $50,673 for 1st. The money doesn't rival the WSOP, but there are certainly some substantial winnings to be had. Either way, it is the first tournament cash of my trip, so I am thrilled.
After nearly two weeks of results that made me seriously doubt my ability to compete at poker day-to-day, I am proud and excited to make it through what was easily the longest day of poker in my life (12pm - 2am!!!), and I am eagerly looking forward to returning tomorrow at 2pm to try and pick up the victory!
Until tomorrow...
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay!!! Take it down bitch. And tell that woman with all the chips that chicks shouldn't be playing poker.
Post a Comment